Helpful, High Tech, Heroic. Three word’s which highlight Rapid’s core values. These same values can be found in each and every member of Rapid’s team. To successfully compete in a fast paced, competitive and constantly evolving business environment, Rapid’s team work towards the common goal of ensuring each customer has the highest quality, advanced mixing technology and their expectations exceeded.
If you share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
Please view our current vacancies below.
Experience welder/fabricator required.
Overhead crane experience is desirable
Experience reading manufacturing drawings
Forklift experience is desirable
Ability to work in a team as well as alone
3 years’ experience in heavy engineering fabrication role
What the successful candidate will receive.
Competitive rates of pay available
Email your CV to email@example.com
Electrical Technician – Rapid Power Generation Ltd
- Build control panels and electrical harnesses.
- Test & commission all control panels & switchgear in house and on site (where necessary).
- Site commissioning.
- Fault finding.
- Instrumentation commissioning.
- Comply with all quality & environmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with all health & safety rules and procedures.
- Any other duties as required by Production Manager.
- NVQ/HNC/HND in a related discipline such as Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of electrical sector – switchgear and control panels.
- Reading, understanding and producing engineering drawings.
- Strong attention to detail and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and be able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Computer Literacy: Should be proficient using Excel spreadsheets, databases, etc.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Previous power generation sector experience would be advantageous.
Hours of work: Monday – Thursday 08.00 -16.30 and Friday 08.00-15.30
To apply: email an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Mechanical Engineer – Rapid Power Generation
Rapid Power Generation Ltd, manufacture diesel and gas powered generating sets from 10Kva – 2500Kva, at a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Tandragee, County Armagh, Northern Ireland. With over 30 years of knowledge and experience in the world of power generation, Rapid Power Generation has the experience and expertise to provide a superior power solution for every requirement.
Rapid Power Generation are recruiting a graduate mechanical design engineer to work in our highly innovative design team. The successful candidate must be driven, with an eye for detail orientated drawings and must be able to integrate well in a team as well as being able to work alone.
- Designing detailed mechanical drawings and 3D models for highly innovative diesel & gas generators
- Airflow analysis
- Building BOM and components lists for equipment
- Involved in R&D of new products and improving current products
- Ensuring all manuals and technical data sheets are kept up to date in line with drawings
- Hold secondary education (BSc or Similar) in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering discipline.
- Be proficient in 3D CAD systems (preferably Creo)
What the successful candidate will receive
- Competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience and ability)
- 33 days holiday per annum
- Subsidised canteen
- Build the machines from start to finish (this is not an assembly line position)
- Using hand tools/overhead cranes to build up sub-assembles/full machines
- Hydraulic piping of machines
- Ensure quality standard is achieved
- Ensure H&S is adhered to at all times
- Meeting set targets for dispatch
- Work as part of a team to drive continuous improvement
- Must have the ability to read, understand and work from assembly drawings.
- Experience operating overhead cranes
- Experience driving a forklift
- Mechanical experience or previous experience working in a skilled trade role.
- Ability to demonstrate hands on skills
- Ability to work within a team or on your own
- Ability to overcome complex engineering challenges.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position
Hours of work
08:00 – 16:30 (Monday – Thursday)
08:00 – 15:30 (Friday)
Additional Hours Available.
- Set-up Paint Shop
- Prepare items for painting; including final cleaning and masking where required
- Apply Two Pack Primer & Two Pack Gloss using Air Assisted Airless GRACO Paint System
- Clean GRACO system at end of each day
- Remove finished items from paint shop
- Keeping work area clean and tidy
- Maintenance of Spray Booth at required intervals
- 2 years+ experience in spraying Two Pack paint on large steel structures
- Awareness of COSHH Regulations
- Competitive Rates depending on experience
Hours of work
- 08:00 – 16:30 (Monday – Thursday)
- 08:00 – 15:30 (Friday)
- Additional Hours Available.
On site parking
Send CV to email@example.com